On This Page
What is the Priority?
Accelerate the start-up and expansion of licensed child care businesses in areas with more than three children under age five for every licensed child care slot
Why is this Priority Important?
- Prospective child care business owners have limited or no access to funding for expenses related to the start-up or expansion of a licensed child care business.
- Prospective child care business owners have limited or not access to consultation and “navigation” services related the start up or expansion of a child care business.
- Michigan does not have sufficient infant and toddler care to meet the needs of the population of children 0-5, and their families.
What are some Common Sense Solutions?
The Child Care Innovation Fund is seeking equitable strategies to accelerate the start-up or expansion of licensed child care. Below are some examples of solutions others have tried to make an impact on this Priority. These examples should not limit the innovation ideas proposed by grantseekers.
- Licensing Toolkit NE Model
- Starting and Operating a Child Care Business Resource
- Start and Grow Child Care Business: Wonderschool
- Early Learning Ventures: Shared Services
- Opportunities Exchange – Shared Services
- Early Education Business Consultants
- Rural Child Care Innovation Program – Community Solution Action Plan for Child Care
- Child Care Business Incubator – Model
- Child Care Business Lab – Model